Respite Care Services
Respite Care is a term used to describe time taken by the caregiver for rest and rejuvenation from the demands of caring for a person with a disability or other long-term illnesses. Caregivers need time away from their care giving responsibilities to pursue personal interests, socialize with friends and family, or simply to take a break. Though caregivers often feel guilty leaving their loved one in the care of someone else, it is imperative for both parties to get a break from each other. Caregivers who neglect their own physical and emotional health may be ill equipped to meet the daily challenge of care giving. Respite services can vary from a few hours per day to several days in a row depending on the policy of the service agency.
MRSI offers both short term and extended Respite Services. Short term Respite Care is less than 24 hours. Extended Respite Care Services include overnight stays.
MRSI employees are all qualified and well trained. All staff is certified in CPR and First Aid and is trained in delegated nursing procedures. A registered nurse is on-call 24 hours a day. A supervisor is available 24 hours a day. MRSI have staff who are proficient in sign language and who are trained in the use of various adaptive equipment.
- Personal care as prescribed on each individual’s individual service plan(ISP)
- Trained and thoroughly screened Direct Support Professionals
- Assessments to assist in the development of a personal plan
- Nursing Care – On call 24 hours/7days a week
- Area Coordinators – On call 24 hours/7days a week
- Delegated nursing care
- Formal and informal skills training on a daily basis
- Transportation including accommodating physically handicapped individuals
Opportunity and Growth
- A home atmosphere for learning opportunities shaping each individual’s capabilities
- Providing support in individual preferences and personal interests
- Community outings and activities tailored to meet the individuals interests
- “Open Door” visitation for families
Cost of Services
The Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities establishes the cost of services for individuals with Medicaid waivers. All private pay, Supported Living, Individual Resource Options, and Recreation/Leisure funds services are billed at our usual and customary rate. Activity expenses are not included, but group discounts and discounted and donated tickets are available.